What is Digital Citizenship?
Technology use is everywhere in our world today. We believe our schools should play a role in teaching our students to use technology appropriately. Rather than banning the devices our students use in their daily lives, the same devices they will soon come to rely on in their future professional lives, it is important to guide them in developing the skills needed to be a productive digital citizen. The following digital citizen guidelines will help and protect our students as they incorporate these powerful tools.
Visit digitalcitizenship.net for more information.
The Nine Themes of Digital Citizenship
2. Digital Commerce: electronic buying and selling of goods.
3. Digital Communication: electronic exchange of information.
4. Digital Literacy: process of teaching and learning about technology and the use of technology.
5. Digital Etiquette: electronic standards of conduct or procedure.
6. Digital Law: electronic responsibility for actions and deeds
7. Digital Rights & Responsibilities: those freedoms extended to everyone in a digital world.
8. Digital Health & Wellness: physical and psychological well-being in a digital technology world.
9. Digital Security (self-protection): electronic precautions to guarantee safety.